英語ーレベル・アップ!

英語ーレベル・アップ!

Friday, October 23, 2015

よくある間違いです Common Mistake - I had dinner NOT I had a dinner



"I had dinner." CORRECT

"I had a dinner." NG


With meals we rarely use the article "a" unless we use an adjective (形容詞) to describe the meal. For example:

"I had a big dinner." CORRECT

Look at these examples:
"Are you hungry? Do you wanna get lunch?"
NOT
"Do you wanna get a lunch."
NOTE "Get some lunch" is also natural.

"I ate breakfast at the new restaurant on Main street."
NOT
"I ate
a breakfast at the new restaurant on Main street."

"At the Japanese inn (旅館) I ate a delicious dinner and then I relaxed in the hot spring (温泉) for an hour and a half."




________________________________________________________


 
________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment