英語ーレベル・アップ!

英語ーレベル・アップ!

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Lately and Hardly (最近 and ほとんど)

Lately and Hardly 

Lately is an adverb that means recently. 
“Have you been to the shopping mall lately? 4 new stores opened last week.”
“I lost 3 kilograms! I stopped eating chocolate and lately I have been riding my bicycle to work.”
What have you been doing lately? ~ 最近何してたの?

Hardly is an adverb that means only just, almost not.
“Jerry must not be feeling well. He hardly ate anything at lunchtime.”
“I’m not sure why Chris told me such a personal story, we hardly know each other.”
There's hardly any difference ~ ほとんど差がない

Do you study English hard? = Do you try your best?
Do you hardly study English? = Do you do very little studying?


AUDIO listening!


"I need to study."

"I'm too tired to study."




No comments:

Post a Comment