英語ーレベル・アップ!

英語ーレベル・アップ!

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Do you know what a "Time Zone" is? How about "Jet Lag?"

Different places around the world have different times and dates. These different areas of time are called time zones in English. (時間帯) Canada has 5 time zones but Japan only has 1. My family in Canada are in a time zone that is 12 or 13 hours earlier than Tokyo. We live in the future!



Do you travel? If you fly across time zones you may suffer from jet lag.

jet lag (時差ぼけ)

 noun
the feeling of being tired and slightly confused after a long plane journey, especially when there is a big difference in the time at the place you leave and that at the place you arrive in
I'm still suffering from jet lag after my trip to Canada.

Click here for Jet Lag オーディオ!

The 2016 Olympics will be in Brazil. How many time zones are there in Brazil? Will you have to stay up late to watch Japan play? Do you have to get up early? Do you like the Olympics? When was the last time you experienced jet lag? I have flown from Toronto to Sao Paulo, Brazil 3 times but the time difference is only 1 hour so no jet lag! YAY!

"I love to travel but I don't like jet lag!"


More examples from

recover from jet lag
時差ぼけが治る.

Jet lag is rough, isn't it?
時差ぼけは辛いよね。

I can't get over the jet lag.
時差ボケがなおらない。
_____________
マンツーマン英会話レッスン
吉祥寺、渋谷、新宿

No comments:

Post a Comment