英語ーレベル・アップ!

英語ーレベル・アップ!

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Idioms with "RUNNING" (英語慣用語)

English Idioms - In honor of the World Athletics Championships


The World Athletics Championships just finished in Beijing China so today let's learn some idioms with the word running.

hit the ground running - to be ready to work immediately on a new activity, 
already have energy (be moving forward)

"His previous experience will allow him to hit the ground running when he becomes the sales manager."


"I had lots of energy this morning when I woke up, I jumped out of bed and hit the ground running. I had most of my tasks finished before lunch!"
__________________________________________

up and running - [of a machine] functioning (working)

"If I can get my computer up and running I don't need to buy a new one!"

"As soon as we can get the old tractor up and running, we will plant the rice."


It was up and running producing reports within a couple of days.
それは稼働し、数日間でレポートをつくりあげた

Find "up and running" on Weblio!
_____________
マンツーマン英会話レッスン
吉祥寺、渋谷、新宿
無料トライアル
レッスン!
ご連絡お待ちしております


No comments:

Post a Comment