英語ーレベル・アップ!

英語ーレベル・アップ!

Monday, December 7, 2015

Use 'IF' correctly in English!!! (英語の文法)


IF is a conditional clause in English. This means that one action will/may happen as a result (on the condition) of another action or other actions.

IF can come after the main action:

"I will get a cavity if I eat sweets."

甘い物を食べたら虫歯になる。

"I would be happy if I could see you."

私はあなたに会えたら嬉しい。

“I will go to Hawaii if I can find a cheap hotel.”

Or it can start a sentence and end with the main action:
 “If I can find a cheap hotel I will go to Hawaii.”


I will go to Hawaii if I can find a cheap hotel. – The main action is ‘go to Hawaii,’ but this action can only happen as a result of ‘finding a cheap hotel.’ (On the condition of finding a cheap hotel)

"I would eat this ice cream if I wasn't on a diet!"

"If I eat this ice cream I'll regret it tomorrow."

"I don't get sick of ice cream even if I eat it every day."

私はアイスを毎日食べても飽きません。


No comments:

Post a Comment