英語ーレベル・アップ!

英語ーレベル・アップ!

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Hear VS Listen ~ 聞く VS 聴く

Hear VS Listen ~ 聞く VS 聴く 


"I can hear the people talking at the table next to me."

hear 

VERB
to be aware of sounds with your earsI can't hear very well.

hear something/somebody She heard footsteps behind her.I couldn't hear anything.hear somebody/something doing something He could hear a dog barking.



hear somebody/something do something Did you hear him go out?I heard a car drive off.hear what… Didn't you hear what I said?


"I was listening to the speaker at the meeting."

listen

 VERB
 to pay attention to somebody/something that you can hearListen! What's that noise? Can you hear it?Sorry, I wasn't really listening.She had been listening at the door.

listen to somebody/something to listen to musicI listened carefully to her story.You haven't been listening to a word I've said!



We listen to something 
I like listening to classical music. NOT I like listening classical music.

*We report information that we learned by saying "I heard..."
"I heard Richard got a promotion." (get a promotion = 昇進する)

"I listen to English news on the train."
"Don't listen to James, he's a liar." (liar = うそつき)



No comments:

Post a Comment