英語ーレベル・アップ!

英語ーレベル・アップ!

Monday, January 4, 2016

英語のイディオム - A walk in the park (中級)


Last week we learned how to use the word walk as a noun and a verb. Today let's learn the idiom 

A walk in the park


Look at the following example sentence:

"I was never very good at sports in high school but my brother played rugby and hockey and won many trophies. Athletics were hard for me but a walk in the park for my brother."

Can you guess the meaning? If something is a walk in the park is it difficult or easy?

So... a walk in the park means something is very easy, not difficult at all. I bet you figured that out!

"I aced the math exam, it was a walk in the park."
[ace verb ace something (informal) to be successful in something]

What is easy for you? What's a walk in the park? Did you have an experience once that was a walk in the park?


"Passed the test with an A+! It was a walk in the park..."




No comments:

Post a Comment